Don’t miss Hugh's brand new TV show BBC1 tonight, 9pm

New TV show with Hugh! November news from Hugh Dear , Since the beginning of this year I’ve been investigating the crisis facing Africa’s elephants for a documentary series. That project has now come to fruition, and I thought you might like to know that the two part se

New TV show with Hugh!

River Cottage
November news from Hugh
November news

Dear ,

Since the beginning of this year I’ve been investigating the crisis facing Africa’s elephants for a documentary series. That project has now come to fruition, and I thought you might like to know that the two part series starts tomorrow - Saving Africa’s Elephants: Hugh and the Ivory War, Monday 24th Oct - at 9pm BBC1.

The story is grim at times - with over 80 elephants a day being killed in Africa for their ivory. But I discovered that there is hope too - that the tide might be finally turning in Asia on the demand for ivory that is driving this cruel trade. And, as I was surprised to find out, it turns out that we in the UK are also part of the problem of the ivory trade. And that gives us a brilliant chance to be part of the solution.

It’s been an extraordinary journey, from the poaching hotspot of Northern Mozambique, following the ivory trail through the leaky port of Mombasa in Kenya, to one of the busiest ivory markets in the world - Hong Kong. Here I went undercover to prove that traders are laundering recently poached ivory smuggled in from Africa. And to my surprise I discovered that Europe and the UK are also sending huge amounts of ivory to Asia.

Back in the UK I used radio carbon dating to reveal that carved ivory pieces on sale here are not always the antiques they claim to be. These shocking results call into question the UK Government’s policy on ivory. And so, as you might expect, I’ve been challenging them on that…

I really hope you will tune in tonight to see the full story. And do please give me your feedback and get involved in the social media around the show both @rivercottage and #HughAndTheIvoryWar.

You can also watch the trailer by clicking the link below.

Many Thanks

Hugh

Don't miss

WATCH NOW >
meet Hugh
15% OFF FRIDAY NIGHTS
10 years at HQ
Can't see this email? View online


--

Click this link to unsubscribe.



Powered by Pure360
{~X7132304181626194914514384~}

No comments: