Sent to you by Vachak via Google Reader:
2 fresh tomato sauce recipes
via That's Fit by Debra McDuffee on 9/6/08
Our CSA Farm has begun to produce an abundance of tomatoes these past few weeks. Aside from eating them like apples, as my three-year-old often chooses to do, you can make fresh tomato salad, salsa, or fresh tomato sauce.
Our very informal uncooked recipe goes something like this:
- Chop a bunch of tomatoes and put them in a bowl.
- Add enough balsamic vinegar and olive oil to cover them.
- Stir fresh minced garlic and chopped fresh basil into the tomato mixture.
- Season with seas salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving.
Things you can do from here:
- Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your favorite sites